What are the alternatives to a Rent Guarantor and why shouldn’t I use them?
- Often parents don’t understand their liability
- Parents often don’t realise their liability, particularly when their children are sharing and have a Joint & Several liability lease.
- Parents may ask for time to pay due to a change in personal circumstances
- Parents often refuse to pay resulting in court action being taken with added costs and time incurred.
- Parents often ask to pay over a long period of time.
- Doesn’t pay for excess damage
- Doesn’t pay for eviction processes
- Has to be repaid should accommodation be uninhabitable (flood/fire etc)
- Only useful until the advance rent payment runs out.
We suggest you take a look at the website for further information